- This event has passed.
Crushing The Myth: An Asian American Speaker Series
February 16 @ 1:30 pm - 5:30 pm EST
Crushing The Myth is a speaker series dedicated to Asian American topics.
The old “Model Minority” label is outdated and doesn’t reflect modern-day Asian America. So let’s CRUSH the myth, and talk about cultural issues that are important to our current generation.
– Each topic below will be narrated by a speaker through their own story and experience.
– Audiences are encouraged to meet & discuss the stories in between speakers, during the break and the cocktail hour.
* My story with Imposter Syndrome
* Asian and Fashionable
* Dating as an Asian Male in America
* Achieving Mental Health in Asian America
* Saying “I love you” to my family
* The Asian American Man Study
* Dating as an Asian Female in America
* 5 hours piano a day but my mom won’t let me be a musician
Early Bird (through January 31st): $15
Please RSVP and purchase tickets on the Facebook Event Page.
All tickets include admission and light snacks / hors d’oeuvres.
This event is organized by JD8, a marketing/PR agency that helps brands and companies connect with Asian American millenials. TAP-NY is a supporter of this event.